Saturday, April 21, 2007

I am MyNerd-just ask Maynard G Krebs from Dobie Gillis Show-think about it.


When I was a kid I was a nerd before the word nerd was even invented. A 50's nerd was a punk. And I had no friends. In fact in my day (early 50s) you were just square or cool-well I was "cuboid". Jazzers and rockers ruled the world on up-beat and down-beat syncopations. Maynard G Krebs was so cool none of his atoms vibrated. Goatees, Jazz, Big Band and Swing (thanks dad) and Bill Hailey and the Commets were "what's in". Now when I say I had no friends I did but they were nerds too. If you didn't play footy or cricket (or most played both) you were on the outer.

If you are not into broken ribs and pulled hammies-you and your square mates will have to get a thinking hobbie. First chemistry at the tender age of six then across to the dark side of electronics at fourteen. "The Nerd is born, long live The Nerd". This image is not the replaced part of MyBrain but a MOSFet power amp engine I developed based on a premise-KISS-Keep It Sounding Sweet. These days I am very Nerdy about my Audio. And nerds have ears-very good ears, I know-I have a pair.